These are my newspaper inspired nails! They are a pretty cool look but I found the process to be a bit lengthy and at times very messy. Im going to Included a step my step guide on how to acheive this look!
Things you will need:
- Light colored base coat
- Clear coat
- Clippings from a newspaper (I found text that was printed from my printer at home, on your basic white paper works better than newspaper. Clippings big enough to overlap your finger nail)
- Small bowl of alcohol (vodka works best in my opinion, only enough to dip your nail completely in)
Step by Step:
- Start by applying your base coat to all 10 nails and let it dry completely!
- Once your polish is dry, dip your nail into the alcohol for 30-45 seconds
- As soon as you remove your finger from the alcohol, wrap the paper clipping around your nail, text on the nail of course! Apply pressure to the clipping for about 30-45 seconds, then slowly peel it off *You may have to do this more than once, it does not always take on your first try!*
- After repeating steps 2 and 3 on all nails, apply a clear coat to seal it all in so that the print does not rub off!
Hope you guys enjoy this long but fun nail tutorial! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!